Florida Sinkhole Claim Damage Attorney
Get Help from Our Florida Insurance Lawyers
Sinkholes occur when ground water erodes the limestone beneath the ground.
Most people think of sinkholes as large holes that form where the land
gives way and sinks into the earth. However, the reality is that most
damage from a sinkhole develops gradually, causing ever increasing damage
to a house or
In Florida, the law regarding sinkhole claims has been revised several
times in the past few years. The
Florida insurance claim attorneys at Danahy & Murray, P.A. can advise you on the version of law which
applies to your claim and how the law affects your rights.
Common Signs of Sinkhole Damage
Sometimes a property owner will notice changes or damage that may indicate
a potential sinkhole. These changes include:
- Cracking foundations
- Cracking around door and window frames
- Windows or doors that do not close properly
- Cracks in walls
- Depressions in the yard or driveway
- Tilting or sinking of a section of a floor
- Separation of walls from ceiling or floors
- Separation of house from foundation
- Pipes breaking or swimming pool leaks
- Tree roots that are exposed that were not before
- Fence posts that start sagging or slanting
Prepare & File a Claim with Help from Danahy & Murray, P.A.
When you have a sinkhole claim, make sure you photograph the damage and
report the issues to your insurance agent as soon as possible. Save any
repair receipts and work with others, such as neighbors, who may have
had the same problem. Following these simple steps can help our attorneys
file a claim or fight
bad faith insurance practices on your behalf.
When your property has been damaged,
contact our experienced Florida insurance lawyers by calling (813) 701-2296 to schedule a
free initial consultation.