Fire Damage Claim Attorney in Florida
Our Florida Insurance Lawyers can Help with Your Claim
If your home or
business is damaged by fire, the cause of a fire is usually the first question
on the mind of your insurance company. Your carrier will likely bring
in a "cause and origin" expert to determine the cause of the
fire and help them investigate if you have a valid claim.
Danahy & Murray, P.A. is well-versed in handling insurance claims which
result from fire. Our
Florida insurance dispute attorneys can provide you with skillful and competent representation that helps
resolve the claim with your insurance company.
Contact our Florida insurance law attorneys today to get started.
What to do After a Fire
Fires can cause serious damage and properly filing a claim can be a hassle.
However, by following a few simple steps and retaining the services of
our experienced lawyers, you may be able to create a solid insurance case
to get you compensation for your loss.
To properly prepare your insurance claim, make sure you do the following:
- Photograph the damage
- Do not completely repair the damage, but do enough to prevent further damage
- Report the damages to your insurance agent or agency as soon as possible
- Save receipts that reflect any work that you’ve done in an attempt
to fix the problems
- Prepare for the insurance company’s claims adjuster’s visit
and inspection of your property. Make sure that you have an extra copy
of all documents involved in the claim, including receipts and photographs
- Document your claim and keep notes when you speak to your insurance agency
- Work with others, such as neighbors, who may have had the same problem
and have reports or documentation of such problems. This can be used by
your attorney to help win your case
- Find or request a copy of your insurance policy from your agent or your
Call a Firm with 150+ Years of Experience
At Danahy & Murray, P.A., our Florida insurance lawyers have recovered
over $127 million for hundreds of clients in Florida. We are board certified,
award-winning, and belong to a number of prestigious organizations, all
which helps us offer our clients knowledgeable advice and thorough representation,
no matter how complicated your claim may be.
free initial consultations in English or Spanish and can travel to you when you need it. Call our
firm at (813) 701-2296 today.